We want you to know that we take our responsibility to protect your privacy very seriously and that we will never sell or give your information to any third party.
In the following points we have detailed the nature of the information we gather and the way in which we use it.
- If an enquiry by email or by letter leads to a reservation we will store your name and email address in connection with the reservation on a booking form along with a record of the correspondence.
- If you contact us by telephone to make a reservation we will write any information that you give us down on your booking form.
- We like to take your address and telephone number (useful if you leave anything behind after your stay) – but if you prefer not to give us this we understand.
- If you pay your deposit by credit card over the phone we need to take the address that your card is registered to, in order to complete the transaction, we record this on your booking form.
- Your credit card details are never stored on a computer and once each transaction is complete they are shredded or permanently redacted.
- All booking forms for future reservations are stored in a lockable filing cabinet.
- The personal data that we collect from you and store on a computer is stored on servers in the UK.
- We will use your email address (or regular mail if you do not use email) to confirm your booking details before your stay commences.
- If you have special dietary requirements or allergies we will record these and other information relating to the reason for your stay (for example birthday or anniversary).
- We print your name and address (if we have it) on your invoice and keep a copy of this invoice on file for the required 7 years.
- We either shred or permanently redact all credit card numbers immediately after your stay, providing your account has been settled in full on departure.
- We keep our previous year’s hand-written diaries (we’re sentimental like that) which records your name and the date of your stay. This basic information is stored in our financial records too.
- We are required by law to record nationality; passport number and next destination of all non-British or Commonwealth citizens and to keep them for 12 months.
- All enquiries that do not lead to a booking will not be retained past the date that the enquiry was made for.
- The only time that your email details will be added to our mailing list if you haven’t stayed with us previously, is if you expressly request us to do so by ticking the box on the original website contact form or by asking us to do so.
- We will never sell your details to any third party.
- We will only disclose your information if we are under a legal duty to do so.
- We very occasionally (perhaps once or twice a year) will email you to let you know of special offers or information that we think will be of interest to you. If you would prefer not to receive these emails, please let us know and we will remove you from our address book immediately.
- At any time, you can request a copy of the information we store on you and to have it removed from our records (with the exception of that which we are required to keep for accountancy purposes). This is called your ‘Right to be forgotten’.
- Statistical data is collected about your usage of our website in order to better understand our audience and how we can improve the user experience. This information could include your IP address, operating system and browser type and cannot be used to identify any individual personally.
- This data is collected by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting to block them in your browser.